Thursday, February 09, 2006

Chicken Casserole

This is an old standard and I'm sure many of you already have this recipe but I made it for Jen when Ava arrived and she called and asked for the recipe so I thought I would post it.

My friend and college roommate Mandy shared this with me. We used to make it every Wednesday Night and eat it while watching 90210. Yes.We.Did. (The only change I have made over the years is adding the cup of rice.) I usually serve this with squash - Summer or acorn.

Easy Chicken Casserole

3 or 4 chicken breasts *or if you're in a hurry* 2 cans chicken
1 can cream of mushroom soup
8oz sour cream
1 cup (cooked) minute rice
Salt & Pepper to taste
Ritz type crackers
Butter


First: Boil the chicken to cook it and then cut into small bite sized pieces (*or* open the cans, drain and rinse.) While that's cooking, microwave your minute rice (1/2 cup rice / 1/2 cup water - nuke it for 5 minutes)
Second: Layer chicken on bottom of casserole dish
Third: Mix rice, sour cream, and cream of mushroom soup togther and season with S&P
Fourth: Spread mixture over chicken
Fifth: Crush up crackers and layer them over the top
Last:
Melt butter and drizzle over casserole

BAKE 30 mins at 350

No comments: