Sunday, January 27, 2008

Cheese N Onion Bread

This is from the recipe book that came with mom's Black&Decker all in one automatic breadmaker (that she's had since, like, 1993.)

The bread machine is still going strong - We use it at least once a week. This bread has been a favorite.

I use powdered milk (it's cheaper and always on hand!) but I'll put the measurement for fresh or powdered.

Milk: 1 1/4 cup fresh *or* 1 1tbsp powdered milk & 1 1/8 cups water
Butter: 2 tbsp
Sugar: 1 tbsp
Salt: 1 1/4 tsp
Garlic Powder*: 1/2 tsp
Paprika: 1/8 tsp
White Bread Flour: 3 1/2 cups
Dry Yeast: 1 pkg or 2 - 3 tsp
Shredded Cheddar Cheese: 1 cup
Minced Red Onion: 1/3 cup

Put all ingredients into machine in order listed and bake on the appropriate setting! (In my case: "white / powdered milk")

*I don't add the powder in - instead, I put in a spoonful of fresh minced garlic with the onion.

No comments: